Latest ATH News
- 25 Apr 16: We are pleased to announce that future ATH setters are confirmed as Steve Hames (2016), Bruce Hindsight (2017), Mike Wood (2018) & Lady Strange and the Earl of Yarborough (tentative 2019). Volunteers for 2020 and beyond are invited to apply here.
- 25 Apr 16: ATH2015 tales from the teams and the setter's notes are now available on the Current Hunt page.
- 7 Apr 16: The date for the ATH2015 prize giving has been changed, it is now Monday April 25th, from 6pm. The venue is The Lamb in Lamb's Conduit Street, Bloomsbury, WC1N 3LZ. We have booked the Empire Room and plan the presentations for around 7:30pm.
- 9 Mar 16: The 2015 Hunt has been marked and the results are available. Full details on the Current Hunt page.
- 12 Jan 16: The 2015 Hunt is over, time to relax for another year. The treasure was found, David is fully recovered and he and Dr Frunt thank all ATHers for their help. David's plans for the future can be found on the Current Hunt page.
- 31 Oct 14: ATH web site goes independent and is renamed in honour of Pablo.
- 15 Jan 08: Pablo, setter of this year's Hunt and many others before, is remembered.
Welcome to Pablo's Armchair Treasure Hunt
The 2015 Hunt is over
See Current Hunt for progress on the marking
The Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt was established in 1985 and became something of a Logica institution. In 2014, after the sun set on Logica, this independent web site was setup to continue the tradition of an annual Christmas hunt. Past setters of the Logica ATH manage this site. The competition is now open to all comers. If this is your first year you are advised to start here.
Every year, just before Christmas, a different setter buries or hides a small box somewhere in England. They then design a set of elaborate puzzles and clues that reveal where it is hidden. Those clues are posted on this website. The challenge is to be the first to unearth the box, a task that usually takes a dedicated team anywhere from a week to a month to accomplish.
There is a trophy for being the first to reach the box, the "Pablo Memorial Trophy", and a trophy for the best solution, the "Dave Harding Trophy". The winners hold their trophies for a year. The team that is first to the box cannot win the "Dave Harding Trophy".
Although the hunt is now open to all comers there are no cash prizes. If an individual or organization would like to contribute to the running of this site, or sponsor a prize fund, then please contact the Past Setters.
This site contains the Current Hunt, a History of previous hunts, some Guidelines and other useful material for new entrants, and Resources for Armchair Treasure Hunt setters. Refer to the Contacts page for the current website owner.
Pablo, who was responsible for the Logica Armchair Treasure Hunt and much of this website besides, sadly passed away after a long battle against cancer in October 2007. He is very much missed by all ATHers and this site has been named in his memory.