Resources for Setters
Whilst entering an Armchair Treasure Hunt for the first time may seem daunting, setting one brings with it a different set of problems, challenges and satisfactions. Past Setters can vouch for both the challenges and the satisfactions, and in many ways setting a Hunt is even more enjoyable than entering one.
There is an awful lot to consider, from the obvious but time-consuming production of the Hunt itself, through publicising the Hunt, managing the Hunt once it has started, to marking and organising the Prize Giving Ceremony. However, it is hoped that some of the experience of previous Setters has been captured on these pages to help you a little:
- Apply: How to become an ATH Setter.
- Guide: Pablo's Setting Guide and Setter's Checklist.
- Tips: Hunt Design and Setting Tips.
- Tools: Some suggested ATH Production Tools.
- Publicity: Advertising to teams.
- Marking: Solution Document and Marking Scoresheets
- Prizes: Trophies, engraving and handover.
- Website: Updating the ATH Website during a Hunt.